Awesome Earth is a club that runs throughout the year and meets every Tuesday for one hour, in the Annexe and gardens and is open to all KS2 pupils. As part of this club they have incorporated the Annexe Garden.
Though it has only been running for five weeks, already the children have been having lots of fun with a wide range of activities at Awesome Earth:
- harvesting lavender to make into lavender bags
- planting Tulip, Narcissi, dwarf Iris and Grape Hyacinth bulbs in one of the garden beds
- cooking Eve’s Pudding using apples picked from our very own orchard
- colouring beautiful autumn pictures
- planting Hyacinth bulbs in pots to grow at home
- creating pine cone bird feeders to hang on the trees in our school garden
- and last but not least creating gorgeous Christmas floral displays!
Watch this space to see how the Annexe progresses over the year.